55TH MERDEKA DAY

31 AUGUST 2012, FRIDAY

Yesterday when I told Kit boy that tomorrow will be another public holiday, immediately this little fella asked me this in Mandarin.

Kit boy :  '妈咪, 是国庆日吗?'   
Mommy :  oh..是的, 宝贝. 你知不知道什么是国庆日?
Kit boy :  我们国家的生日.

He actually surprised me as I do not expect any answer from a 4 years old boy what a National Day is (despite not that accurate).  And out of curiosity, I then asked my mother if I know what National Day is when I was Kit boy's age and my lovely mom replied me with this statement...... '你只知道吃和玩.' [maybe I shouldn't have asked].  And at the same time, I also took the opportunity to enhance Kit boy's knowledge further by telling him a little bit more about National Day and also our country.  

Back to our National Day, Kit boy woke up quite early in the morning as compared to normal weekends or other public holidays (except for Chinese New Year) when there is no school and got himself ready with his pair of sunglasses. 

 
Why? Just to pose for the camera on a good sunny day?


No. He They are waiting for this actually. 



What was that? Birds? Supermen?


No. Those were fighter jets.

We have been seeing these planes making rounds at our residential area early morning on the National Day for the past two years before they actually appeared again in front of us Live on the television screen. They seem to be either warming up or waiting for their turn to perform at the Dataran Merdeka.

Kit boy was very excited and continued running in and out of the house as and when he heard those fighter jets coming until he saw those planes appeared on the screen which is almost the end of the parade. 

And that was how we spent our first-half of the day on the 55th Merdeka Day.

Happy 55th Merdeka Day to Malaysia and all Malaysian!

6 comments:

  1. I used to wait for these heli and jets making their rounds in my neighbourhood when was young.. now, think that they are noisy.. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have the same thinking like you...noisy but now seeing how excited my boy is, we (and hubby) also shared the same excitement.

      Delete
  2. My kids used to get very excited hearing the sounds of fighter jets and heli making rounds at our area. Now that they are older, no feeling already haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally right. When they grow older, their interest will be different and that's the reason why we are here to jot down all these sweet memories of them.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. If I'm not mistaken, there were helicopters too last year. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...