BOOKFEST @ MALAYSIA 2012, KLCC

28 AUGUST 2012, TUESDAY


On the same day after we paid our last visit to one of the oldest restaurants located in China town over HERE last Sunday, we then made our way to the annual BookFest @ Malaysia 2012 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC) later in the afternoon at about 2:00pm.

This year, the 7th BookFest @ Malaysia was held from 18 August 2012 to 26 August 2012 with a theme of Like Reading as printed on the front cover of their catalogue which we will be given a copy after buying the entrance ticket priced at RM2.50 per person (FOC for children below 8 years old and also senior citizen above 60).  Hence, just like previous years, Kit boy and 婆婆 will have the privilege to enter for free.

The heavy crowd was expected especially on the last day of the fair but we still managed to hunt and grab a backpack full of books and stationeries all at a very good price with some even Buy-1-Free-1.

After about 2 odd hours, we went home with the following that definitely reduces the space on our bookshelves.

Stationery Set @ Buy-1-Free-1 and Stabilo 24 Jumbo Colour Pencils/2B Pencils @ RM10.00

Kit boy with his new game, Blokus @ RM89.90 with a free set of UNO Spin
Pre-school Workbooks (4-6YO) @ Buy-2-Free-1

More Pre-school Workbooks @ RM10.00 each
 And more workbooks prepared for coming year end school holidays.


 
Besides books, also bought two DVDs for Kit boy.


This time round, Daddy did not buy any books instead he found his idol, Jacky Cheong's CDs collection.  I like it too. Worth buying at RM119.00 for 10 CDs neatly placed in an album printed with nice photos of the Superstar.


Finally, some free goodies too from various exhibitors.


BookFest @ Malaysia is one of the fairs that is listing in my "Must Go Exhibition' list each and every year.  In this annual book fair, not only that I can bring home many good books at special discount selling price but also books that I can hardly find in our local bookstores especially those by overseas publishers like from Taiwan, Singapore and/or Hong Kong/China.

12 comments:

  1. I went there too......crowded like pasar malam. haha.... but the stationary are very very cheap. I bought that 2B pencil set too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went there too but definitely did not buy as many books as you did! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What to do...my boy is so poor in his academic especially in writing, so have to buy more workbooks for him to do hopefully he can improve a little.

      If my boy is as good as Ethan, I don't think I'll need to buy that many too...maybe stationeries will do. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! Lots of good books for Kit Boy! I missed the bookfest :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully can keep him buzy during the coming long school break.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Wenn, first of all, thanks for dropping by.

      Ya, I normally will stock up lots of workbooks for my boy during book fairs mainly because the price is much cheaper and more varieties from different overseas publishers.

      Delete
  5. Rm10.00 for the Jumbo colour pencil is a worth buy, these are good colour pencils, I bought the shorter ones for my girl, it is easier for her to bring to school. Thanks for dropping by my blog, can I include you in my blogroll??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes very cheap. I regreted, should have bought more to stand by as gift.

      You're most welcome. oh yes, please do. I'll also 'lock' you in my blog list. :)

      Keep in touch!

      Delete
  6. Wow, so MANY books!! Kit boy is going to be very busy at home ;) You even got a free UNO Spin... how nice. Chloe is playing that with her daddy right beside me now... she's hooked to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have not try on the UNO Spin yet. Oh..Chloe likes it, then it must be another nice game.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...