EASTER DAY 1985

09 APRIL 2012, MONDAY

After our first Easter Party yesterday at Bangsar Shopping Centre, it actually reminds me of something.  A vintage set of pastel kit that I had won in one of the contests held in Sungai Wang Plaza also during Easter day but many many many years ago....back in Year 1985 when I was still a kid by then and it was still nicely pack in good condition.

You must be wondering how could I remember the year so well...of course it was jotted somewhere else inside the box and to be exact....I got this on 07 April 1985 after winning in an 'Easter Egg Decorating' contest.  Never know that today, I am passing this on to my boy after 27 years of custody.

Well, back to the box of pastel kit, it was a box of oil pastel crayons (16 colours) that comes together with some stencils that we can use it to trace out nice pictures not only on paper but also on fabrics.  Actually is quite interesting and fun to play with.  


Kit boy got very excited and can't wait to try his hands on (as usual when new things are introduced to him each and every time).  After he has chosen his stencil (the dragonfly), I slowly show him the correct way of doing it.  Firstly to place the stencil on top of a piece of paper and carefully colour it with the provided oil pastel crayons. 


After it was done, just removed the stencil and here comes his dragonfly.


I hope he will loves this and value what I have given to him as it has been with me for a good 27 years.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes...that's why I have never thought of giving it to someone even during the kelam-kabut time when I moved house cos I really really treasured all my child hood time punya barang.

      Delete
  2. That oil pastel and stencil set doesn't look like it has been kept for 27 years! You sure know how to "preserve" your belongings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to my mom and credits actually goes to her as she is the one who has been keeping most of my childhood stuff for me very very nicely and I only 'officialy' took over after married. Even some was during toddler time. :)

      Delete
  3. WOW! That is a very 'antique' oil pastel and stencil set! Very well kept and nicely utilised now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah!! You kept the oil pastel and stencil until now?...You sure knows how to treasure all your memories! Kit Boy is lucky to have them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya..provided he knows how to treasure them as now I can hardly find of his toys that is still in good condition to be passed on to his children next time....you got what I mean.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...