CHINESE ENRICHMENT PROGRAM (红蜻蜓 PRE-SCHOOL SERIES)

24 FEBRUARY 2012, FRIDAY

Kit boy has started attending his daily Chinese Enrichment Program (CEP) in school right after the normal class for duration of 30 minutes since 08 February 2012.

This is a special program for all the Year 4 to Year 6 students to attend; however it is not compulsory. I actually met up with the teacher-in-charged of this after school program in order to understand further what this program is, what are the materials used and etc. reason being the extra fees incurred is not cheap. But after a mere 20 minutes of briefing, I made the decision on the spot and registered Kit boy for this CEP.

I was told that teachers will be using the 红蜻蜓 Pre-School Series to teach and being a 'banana', I have never heard of this before but was very impressed on how the system works as they are not solely depends on text books but also flash cards, CDs, interactive PC games, workbooks and story books that will easily attract children to read, listen and speak.

This 红蜻蜓 series of books are published by Odonata Publishing Sdn. Bhd. that located in Kuala Lumpur. This company was established in Year 1999 by Mr. Khor Ewe Pin with the aim of cultivating children's reading habit in Chinese. More than 300 books of various titles are released in the market and just to name a few, they have the Theme Story Series, Pre-School Series and Pri-School Chinese Reading Series.

Each series they have separated into different stages or parts and for the Pre-School Series, there are altogether 4 parts - the 1st 100 Words, 2nd 100 Words, 3rd 100 Words to 4th 100 Words and the 5th 100 Words to 8th 100 Words.

And for the Year 4 students, they will be going through the first part of the Pre-School Series which is the 1st 100 Words. As earlier mentioned, teachers will be using the following in the class.


Text Books



CD on Pronunciation



Flash Cards



Workbooks



Interactive PC Games



Story Books

Despite this is only a daily half-an-hour program, but with such system, I am convinced that Kit boy will definitely learned something by end of the year and hopefully he will progress from there.

12 comments:

  1. My gal also using odonata teaching material, currently reading bk 2. :)

    p/s: if u plan to try the pancake, it's 1/4 tsp bicard. Instead of 1 1/4 tsp, typo error!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya...that's why I'm convinced.

      Alice, really appreciate for the infor. yes...I really plan to bake my first pancake base on your recipe as my boy loves pancake very much. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. wow so interactive? i dont even have anything with so many colors and pictures during my education time

    Latest: Lovely Taste at 6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nowadays kids are very lucky as compared to our times. I think my time even worst.

      btw, visited your lovely and sweet blog. thanks for visiting. pls do allow me to include you in my fav blog list.

      Delete
  3. I got one set of these books also..... Dunno got other interactive tools.. hehe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too. but I remember seeing the text book in one of the Chinese books fair and I think they do sell other interactive tools too if you are interested to get some.

      Delete
  4. Didn't know they have other interactive tools! Thank you for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kitty. Firstly, thanks for dropping by.

      Yes.. very complete set indeed. I also didn't know until I met up with the teacher. I find it a very good and effective system for learning chinese, hence would like to share it with all caring parents over here.

      Delete
  5. My youngest son's kindergarden is also using this as their after school programme. I think it is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes...I'm quite convinced with the system based on the materials used and is highly recommended.

      Delete
  6. Where to buy the interactive tool like CD?
    Cos I have the books from the kindy. Kindly email me to racheljtle@gmail.com

    Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Little Lamb,

      First of all, thanks for dropping by and you have a very informative blog too. Nice knowing you.

      Btw, I have just sent you an email pertaining to the CD together with other materials and I hope that the info provided is useful to you.

      However, should you require any further info or even for a cup of tea, please feel free to drop me a line at jeninfor@yahoo.com

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...